Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
Giving someone five good reasons why they should pack a suitcase and see the world is not hard, having the person follow your advice is the hard part. Travelling to another destination is not cheap, when you add the cost of airfare, hotel accommodation, meals and spending money, it puts a dent in your wallet, that you’ll feel for awhile!!. However, what you gain from the experience of travelling to a foreign country is priceless. Here are just five reasons I would recommend that anyone should travel, whether it be travelling by air or by boat 🙂
- Mark Twain said it best when he said “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness”, my interpretation of what he meant is simple, you spend your life in one place and you tend to believe that everyone shares your same views, customs and habits. Going to a new country changes this belief, as you expose yourself to another culture, you develop tolerance and understanding. You learn to respect someone else’s culture and also realize that everyone is not the same.
- You feel rejuvenated!! There is nothing like going on vacation to another country or place. Leaving habit behind, you begin to feel relaxed.
- You make new friends or acquaintances. You meet new people when you go on your travels. Sometimes, these people become lifelong friends. In most cases, you’re able to say I know someone that lives in this country or I have a friend in that country.
- Food. Opening yourself up to trying new cuisine is the highlight of travelling. Trying that countries national dish becomes a yummy moment…Of course…..if someone offers you mountain chicken…you politely refuse!!! You’ll thank me and Kermit the Frog will thank you!!
- Wonders of the world!! You’ll get to see and experience some of the wonders of the world. Pyramids of Giza, Machu Picchu, Taj Mahal, Stonehenge. As well you’ll learn about the mysteries and history of each new or recurrent place you visit.
Ask yourself, what are you waiting for to begin this fabulous journey of travelling!!!
All pictures can be found on the following site!!!